6" x 9" 7448 GRAY SCOTCHBRITE HAND PADS
3MA7100089226 MFG #: 7100089226
$22.46 / BX (20)
- Width: 6"
- Length: 9"
- Pad Color: Gray
- Grade: Ultra Fine
- Grain Material: Silicon Carbide
- Application: Contour Finishing, Fine Finishing and Finishing
- Application Material: Aluminum, Cobalt, Fiberglass, Gelcoat, Nickel Alloy, Plastic, Soft Composite, Solid Surface and Stainless Steel
- Attributes (Y/N): Y
- Image (Y/N): Y
Scotch-Brite™ ultra fine hand pad 7448 combines durability for long life, flexibility for reaching tight areas and can be used in place of steel wool for conditioning metal surfaces and paint prep. Unlike fine steel wool, Scotch-Brite™ pads will not shred during use, rust after use or leave fine metal splinters. The durable open web construction of our Scotch-Brite™ ultra fine hand pad is load resistant, offers long life and consistent abrasive action for cleaning, finishing and buffing with no need to adjust, turnover or continue the same project with a new pad. The pad gets into corners and works detailed surfaces without altering the dimensions of the base material. Designed to run cleaner and longer than steel wool, this versatile pad is a useful item for any workshop. The Scotch-Brite™ ultra fine hand pad can be used right out of the box by hand, paired with a hand pad block or run on an in-line sander for faster completion on larger areas. This grey pad is filled with silicon carbide abrasive mineral, a synthetic mineral that is very sharp and commonly used for low pressure applications such as paint prep. While it breaks down faster than aluminum oxide, it produces a superior finish. Our Scotch-Brite™ abrasives are unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into non-woven fiber matrix. Combining abrasives and non-woven material creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open web material runs cool and is load resistant, which keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.
- Item Features
- Ultra fine finishing action outperforms steel wool for cleaning, blending, prepping and finishing on metal, wood, plastics and composites
- Performs like steel wool grade 00 without shredding, rusting or splintering
- Pad conforms to irregular surfaces and gets into corners without losing performance
- Cleans metal, composites and other materials without altering the base material
- Load and heat-resistant non-woven web provides consistent finishing over the life of the pad