6" x 9" 7446 GRAY SCOTCHBRITE HAND PADS
3MA7100082599 MFG #: 7100082599
$2.14 / BX
2 In Stock
- Width: 6"
- Length: 9"
- Pad Color: Gray
- Grade: Medium
- Grain Material: Silicon Carbide
- Application: Blending and Finishing
- Application Material: Carbon Steel, Metals, Paint, Plastic, Softwood, Solid Surface and Stainless Steel
- Attributes (Y): Y
- Image (Y): Y
Scotch-Brite™ blending hand pad 7446 uses an open, aggressive web for effective hand blending, general purpose cleaning, prep work and finishing. The conformable material adapts to both flat and irregular contours without significantly altering the dimensions of base material. Unlike steel wool, the blending hand pad won't shred during use, rust after use or leave fine metal splinters. Our Scotch-Brite™ blending hand pad combines load-resistance and uniform wear to provide a consistent cut rate throughout the life of the pad. The 6 x 9 in blending hand pad can be used by hand for precise control, with a hand pad holder for uniform finishing or on an inline sander to cover larger areas. This gray pad is filled with silicon carbide abrasive mineral, a synthetic mineral that is very sharp and commonly used for low pressure applications such as paint prep. While it breaks down faster than aluminum oxide, it produces a superior finish. Our Scotch-Brite™ abrasives are unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into non-woven fiber matrix. Combining abrasives and non-woven material creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open web material runs cool and is load resistant, which keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.
- Item Features
- Conformable material blends scratches on irregular surfaces without altering the workpiece
- Provides similar performance as steel wool grade 3 without shredding, rusting, or splintering
- Effective for wood working applications to highlight, paint prep, sealer scuffing and scuffing between coats
- Non-woven construction and abrasive mineral provide consistent cutting over the life of the reusable pad