6" x 9" 7447B MAROON SCOTCHBRITE HAND PADS
3MA7000027560 MFG #: 7000027560
$61.43 / CS (60)
- Width: 6"
- Length: 9"
- Pad Color: Maroon
- Grade: Very Fine
- Grain Material: Aluminum Oxide
- Application: Blending, Cleaning, Contour Finishing, Deburring and Finishing
- Application Material: All Metals
- Attributes (Y/N): Y
- Image (Y/N): Y
- Type: General Purpose
Scotch-Brite™ general purpose hand pad 7447 combines flexibility with effective cutting action and precise hand control to accomplish tough cleaning jobs or produce fine finishing results, use after use. Very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasives cut fast and fine, leaving a smooth, finished surface. Suitable for use on a wide variety of materials and for many different tasks. The performance of Scotch-Brite™ general purpose hand pad 7447 is comparable to steel wool grade 1. However, unlike steel wool, our Scotch-Brite™ pads won't shred during use, rust after use or create fine metal splinters. The non-woven, open web material resists loading and can be used dry, with water or solvents and rinsed clean for re-use. This multipurpose 6 x 9 in pad can be used by hand for precise control, with a hand pad block for uniform finishing or on an in-line sander to cover large areas. This maroon hand pad uses aluminum oxide abrasive. Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its cut rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut rate, hardness, strength and low heat retention, aluminum oxide mineral is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metal working including ferrous alloys. Our Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasive products are a unique surface conditioning product with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon or other synthetic fibers. Combining abrasives into the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open web material is load-resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.
- Item Features
- Superior alternative to steel wool, wire brushes, sandpaper and other non-woven products for cleaning or finishing tasks
- Very fine-grade aluminum oxide abrasive cleans, finishes, grains, denibs and defuses
- Suitable for use on wood, metal, plastics, ceramics, porcelain, glass, rubber or composites
- Reusable pad resists tearing, splintering, shredding, loading and will never rust, providing a long and useful life
- Can be folded, stacked or rolled for effective cleaning or conditioning on flat, irregular or contoured surfaces